Monday, September 29, 2008

The BIG 2!!!!!

Well we had the ultimate birthday weekend for our little miss. Ella Marie turned two on Friday 9/26. Travis and I both took off of work to enjoy such a special day with our little one. We slept in, had a great breakfast and then it was off to Portrait Innovations for her annual birthday picture. As I expected, Ella was just as "2" as can be and really just about refused to do anything the photographer wanted. We got one good picture (which was really all I wanted-I'll post that later once I scan it). Then it was off to Firehouse subs for teh best sandwiches around. Then it was nap time for Ella and Daddy and my time to clean house. Ella got a new Dora trike from mommy and daddy and she loved dancing next to it to the music in the driveway. It was quite hilarous. Mimi (grandma Sue) and Papa (grandpa Wayne) came over with Enchiladas for dinner. Just an all around great day! Relaxing and easy to prepare for the extravaganza to come. Saturday was the big party day. The bouncy castle arrived during Ella's nap and she was quite surprised when she woke up. Her and daddy had some alone time to bounce before the kids arrived. Guests started arriving around 3:30 and by 4:30 we had a house full of aout 35 people ranging in age from 4 months to 76 years. Ella was being a little possessive of her toys at first but eased up after a while. The all had so much fun bouncing and playing. We had great pizza and salad and an amazing Abby Cadabby cake decorated by my mom. Ella wasn't too much onto helping unwrap all her gifts so I got to do the honors (which is always fun for me). The crowd starting dispersing around 7:00 and it took Ella a loooooong time to calm down. She wasn't asleep until 10:15 but slept until 9:45 the next morning. What a magnificent birthday!






2 comments:

Summer said...

I love the picture on the bike...what a poser - so cute!

kisha said...

I just found your blog from Summers... Wahoo! I'm so excited. I was wondering if you had one. I'd lost touch. Thankfully, some of you didn't! Elle is adorable. 2 years old wow! Hope all is well!