Thursday, November 6, 2008

I have to say it...


A little delayed, but I just have to say that I am so excited that our country has chosen a new direction. I am so excited about our new president, Barack Obama, and look forward to his open mind and new ideas. I am so not a political person but this election was way too meaningful to not be. It is too bad Arizona didn't carry suite and also have an open mind and open heart with certain issues....maybe next time. I just feel bad for my students when they tell me "the guy who hates Mexicans (Arpaio) won again"....these eight year olds are scared of him and that just sucks. And for my friends and family (and everyone else out there) that can't have the same rights that I have because of their sexual orientation. So anyways...I am just happy that our country as a whole is seeing straight. As Oprah says "HOPE WON!"

0 comments: