Saturday, October 3, 2009

California Birthdays


We (mom, wayne, trav, Ella and I) headed out Thursday 9/24 for San Diego to celebrate my mom's and Ella's birthdays. Mary and Greg (Trav's parents) met us there - aren't we so lucky to get to share every celebration with both of our families?...it couldn't get any better (well I guess if our bros had made it, it would have been) The drive was nice with Ella constantly being entertained by The Wizard of Oz!
Ella was amazed by the beautiful maple leaves she found while walking around the Gaslamp Quarter...it's the simple things...
We ate at a really great breakfast place Friday morning...Richard Walker's Pancake House...
yum, yum!
Happy Birthday Mimi!
We drove over to Coronado to walk around the beautiful but HOT beach...
Ella was dying to get feet her feet dirty in the sand...
We stopped at the Hotel Del to get some yummy drinks and a snack...
Greg and Mary (my in-laws)
Mom and Wayne
our awesome suite (all because of the great Mary Mantle and her fabulous hook-ups)
views from the corner window
On Ella's birthday we went to Sea World. She was quite overwhelmed throughout most of the day and we all experienced our fair share of 3 year old melt-downs....wow! She was so enthralled by the sea life...and didn't want to leave any of the exhibits.
creepy!
getting ready for Shamu....most definitely the highlight of our day!
I now recall why Adam and I wanted to be Shamu trainers when we were younger...what a magnificent creature...I was almost crying between watching Ella's mesmerized face and reliving my own memories of loving this show...
feeding the seals...with Mimi and Papa
even after all the meltdowns and pushing everyone to their limits, Ella still deserved another small birthday celebration so we stopped at Ralph's on the way home to pick up some cupcakes and candles...
I'm THREE!
and don't need anymore sugar...but what the heck!!
here is the proof...Ella got her hair from somewhere...her Mimaw and Mimi (combined)
the morning that we left we took a stroll along the marina near our hotel
The Hilton San Diego Bayfront
on the way home....with her new magna doodle for more entertainment...plus, more Wizard of Oz

It was a great trip.....an end to a summer of incredible trips!

3 comments:

Starring Brooklyn and Alexis said...

OMG!! I love that Pancake House! The original one is in Chicago and I grew up going there!!! SOOO YUMMY! I CRAVE CRAVE CRAVE the apple pancakes all the time (even not preggo!) We just called it Walker Bros Pancake house, but the franchise's to it were Richard Walkers. Everytime I go back to chgo it's one of those places I always go back to, just ask Brett because he's been there a few times himself. Had no idea there was one in SD. Looks like you all had fun! Aren't vacations the best! Next summer we really ought to plan a getaway together...the kiddos would have fun! BTW, did you ever think that Jonah could be the future BF of our little soon to be...there's another way Brett and Travis can be related and they wouldn't have to be through Jamey's kids :)!

Murphys said...

Fun trip! Caeden was that age when we took him to Sea World last year. I think it was such a fun stage and I am with you I too was re living my days of being there. So fun to be parents! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Heather said...

Boy oh boy. How do I befriend this Mary Mantle. ha ha... Happy Birthday Ella. Gotta love Cali. :)