Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another milestone...

As Travis put it, "Ella, now you can do something mommy can't do: Ride a bike". Well, I can ride a bike, I think, but I don't like to and would choose not to...but anyways....

We got Ella her very first bike today. I know it is weird for it to not be her birthday or Christmas but she hopped on one at the store last night and took off and all we thought was with the weather being so nice now, it would be silly to wait for her birthday in September. I had wanted to get her one for Christmas but she didn't want one then....so we jumped on the chance of her being excited and Travis took her out to Target today so she could pick it out. Of course, she chose the Disney Princess bike (with attached baby seat) and matching helmet.

After a little while of watching her parents try to put together the bike, she was ready. She jumped on and took off. It was quite chilly outside so we went up and down the street a few times and around the cul-de-sac about 5 times and then called it a day. So fun!



Trying to get her to look up and watch where she is going will take some time :)




1 comments:

caseybev said...

I love that you can't ride a bike either! My parents bought be one when I was six, I refused to ever get on it, and to this day am absolutely terrified of them. I know you're not that extreme but it is nice to not be the only one who doesn't care for bike riding. Kudos to you for conquering your fears through your soon-to-be five year old! ;)