Monday, October 27, 2008

Spooktacular Pumpkins

We had our 2nd Annual Mantle Pumkin Carving Fest this Sunday. All of the boys put there artistic abilities to work while the girls sat and watched (my kind of day). Greg, my father-in-law, has taught his boys well. Don't they look awesome? My house is so festive out front now.

Cody and Greg hard at work...planning and drawing

Greg (Papa) made a little cat just for Ella.


Uncle Cody and Ella (she is finally saying his name, Tody, and it is so cute)

All lit up


The cool cat pumpkin


Travis carved this bird...isn't it awesome??


Cody's sad, scary, goofy pumpkin


Greg's goofy pumpkin


All ready for Halloween!


5 comments:

Michelle Randall said...

HELLO stranger! I just found you...it's been so long. You look wonderful as always and I cannot believe how big/beautiful/grown up Ella is. She is so dang cute. Glad to see you are doing well and now I can keep up with your life. This is why I love the blog world...old friends!

Starring Brooklyn and Alexis said...

Wow you guys are talented. We haven't even got our "fall" decor up in our home...blame that one on Brett...it's still up in the attic and even with me on a ladder i still can't reach up high enough to get in there. Anyway, you mind sending Travis over to our house to carve some pumpkins? I'd like to be a lil festive...maybe I ought to skip the fall thing and go straight for the Christmas decor. Ha! Thanks for having Brett and Brooklyn over the other night while I recovered! Sorry I missed some quality time with the Mantles! Happy belated Bday and we need to get together soon!
Always,
Mae

Scott and Melissa said...

What a cute tradition!!! I am never good at carving pumpkins! Whats ella being for halloween?

Summer said...

Very cool! My favorite are the goofy ones cause the faces are so cute but they are all pretty cool! I need some festive pumpkins on my door!!

Melody B. said...

Those are some GREAT pumpkins!