Saturday, November 27, 2010

1 year old! (one of many new blogs)

11-25-2009

Instant love...

I am still amazed by the fact that my baby boy is now one year old. Last year on November 25th, the day before Thanksgiving, at 1:13pm, our beautiful Jonah Monroe was born. He was delivered by a planned c-section and all went smoothly. Jonah weighed in at 7lbs. 12oz and was 20 inches long. The first thing I heard the dr. and nurses say was "What a little man. Look at those eye brows" which then made me freak out a little but I giggled at his smushed up face and fell in love.

We continue to fall in love more and more each day as we watch him grow and become such a typical boy. He is into EVERYTHING he is not supposed to be and thinks it is funny to be mischevious. If he were at a daycare, I would probably be worried about him all day...luckily, I get to watch over his every move all day long. We have his 1 year Dr. appt on Monday so I will post his stats then....

***Updated Stats: At Jonah's one year appt. he weighed 22lbs. 13oz. (50%) and was 31 inches long (75-90%)....so my big boy is tall but not so fat...even his head was only 50% - all that hair makes it deceivingly huge :) He is right on track developmentally...she was even ok with his limited vocabulary of "mama", "dada", and "uh-oh". He is ahead physically, as he has been walking for almost two months now. I have got to get him on whole milk and OFF of the bottle. I also have to get him sleeeping better at night again...who is up for a couple days of crying it out???? Not me, but I guess I need to. I just don't mind cuddling with him in the middle of the night...but I think I would like a whole night worth of straight sleep even better.

Here are some moments from his big day. This year it was on Thanksgiving. We celebrated by having my family over for breakfast and opening presents and then heading over to the Mantle's (my whole family included) for a delicious turkey dinner and bday cake to boot. What a fun day for Jonah!



My baby boy..



Ok, Ok so everyone always asks who Jonah looks like....well, I think he is the spitting image of my brother...what do you think?




So we took this out of the closet (Ella got it for her 1st bday) and he thought it was a great present too....way to be frugal, right?


The "boy" toys are invading the Mantle household


He was getting tired opening all those presents



Since I didn't want him to have a turkey cake or pumpkin pie for his bday, I made this football cake and declared his bday party "football" themed.






Classic "cake" shot


He devoured it all


Even licking the plate...


He was in a sugar coma after all that cake...you know it is never good for your very first time eating anything with sugar to be a whole piece of cake...Probably explains why he slept horribly that night and was sick for the following two days....excitement/suger overload.

0 comments: