Saturday, November 27, 2010

Women's Half Marathon!

Ok so I know this might sound crazy to some of you but on Sunday, November 7, 2010....I RAN A HALF MARATHON! I have taken up running and LOVE it. Thanks to an amazing trainer, my mom, I went from not being able to run a full mile in March to running 13.1 with ease! It is becoming addicting...I wish I could run everyday. We run 5-6 miles on Tuesday and Thursday mornings before both my mom and travis have to go to work and then do a long run (9-12 miles) on Sat. or Sun. There is no way I could have managed to do this while working and am so thankful to have the time and energy now. My goal is to beat my time every race and just improve my 13.1....not looking at 26.2 anytime soon. Anyways, I am pretty proud of myself for doing something I never imagined I would do and super thankful for my very own "Jillian Michaels", my mom :)

A cool, dark morning....and we were revved up!

I was soooo excited!


Waiting to start...luckily it had warmed up



We started at Scottsdale Rd. and Indian School Rd.




This was mile 5...Wayne waved at 5 and 8


We did it....just feet from the finish line!


My cheering squad...

0 comments: