Sunday, December 19, 2010

12K's of Christmas!

My mom and I ran in the 12K's of Christmas race on Dec. 11th over at Freestone park. It was a fun race (a little over 7 miles) that was a fundraiser for animal rescue groups. People dressed up in all their Christmas attire i.e. Santa hats, bells, crazy socks...but with it being sooooo dang hot outside, we stuck with the normal tank and shorts (although I did wear green and had a red ribbon in my hair). I just can't get over how warm it has been....makes me a little nervous about running in the summer again - just dreadful.

This was us coming back into the park...less than a mile to go.

Sprinting to the finishline....always fun!

We did it! Another race under my belt...my 4th this year (and my last for 2010). Continuing training for my next half marathon in February and loving the challenge of increasing my speed and endurance.

0 comments: