Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Nutcracker Ballet

A family tradition of mine growing up was to take all the ladies of the family out for a Christmas show each year. It was usually just a few of us and I remember each event fondly. The Nutcracker Ballet was one show that we saw more than once and was always my favorite...oh how I longed to be one of those beautiful ballerinas.

This year I decided it was time for Ella to experience the magic of this holiday tradition and I invited a few friends and family members to come along (23 others to be exact). Yes, I ordered 25 tickets to see the Nutcracker on Sat. Dec. 11th 2010. Some of us went out to dinner before hand and then all met up at the Mesa Arts Center just in time for the show. Each little girl was dressed in her Christmas best and they all looked precious. It was such a joy to see all of the little girls' faces light up as they watched the ballerinas. Although Ella doesn't seem to have any desire to be a prima ballerina, she still was entranced by the lovely dancers and the story of The Nutcracker. Can't wait for what each year holds for us as far as this tradition goes.

All ready to go.....this is a tradition that I am determined to continue each and every year for this little girl of mine. She is just such a bright light in our lives. So funny, smart and caring. I just can't believe she is so big and becoming such a kid.

Taylor, Lauren, Ella and Ava (missing a few other little ones)


Always playing



Lauren and Ella getting ready for the show to start. Ella loved every bit of it and was full of clever and funny questions the entire time.


Most of the crew....we had 25 people total in our group but some were already inside. Such a magical night to spend with all our favorite girls.
From left to right: Cousins Amanda, Kyleigh and Laura, my grandma, my mother-in-law Mary, me, Ella, my mom, and friends, Ally with Taylor, Dawn with Abby, Jenn with Lauren, and Sonya with Ava. (Erin and Hannah, as well as my old friend, Adrianne and her crew were already seated.)

0 comments: