Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fun days

After a somewhat boring week, we had a fun last couple of days. Yesterday, Ella went to her very first movie at the theaters. We saw "Horton Hears a Who" at the Harkins at Santan through their summer movie program (10 movies for $7 - best deal ever) with our friends Ally, Brent and Taylor - but didn't get any pictures :(. Then we had a fun lunch with Ella's Mimi (my mom) and Grandma-Grandma (my g-ma). Later last night, I went out with my 3rd grade team to celebrate another great year and say farewell to two of our team members (damn AZ education budget) - it was a wonderful time with wonderful food and friends. Today we trekked up to N. Scottsdale to visit Mimaw and Papa ( Trav's parents) and had a great time in the pool - Ella wore water wings for the first time and loved them - it was a great help for me too who can only hold a squirmy swimmer who can't swim for too long - especially on my tip-toes in the 5ft. deep pool. Ella topped off her day with a yummy chocolate ice cream cone (another first - my deprived child). We are exhausted. A surprise is on the way tomorrow and the anticipation is building---tune in later to find out :)

When you get into Mimi's purse anything can happen
"Don't take my picture - I am not looking"

Ella got hold of the camera and took a pic of herself and a thousand other things

My Luau salad at Cheesecake Factory - it looked so fancy, I had to take a picture.

My Team (clockwise from me - Me, Jenn, Norina, Valerie, Erin (hiding), and Fae) - and I look really huge from the waist down in this pic...I am really not that big yet, I promise.

Ella swimming all by herself.
Mama and her little fish
After Mimaw combed Ella's hair, Ella had to comb her hair
Her first lick...

all the way to the end...

1 comments:

Scott and Melissa said...

Are you kidding me... her first ice cream cone...lol... meanwhile I was sitting here thinking about which tattoo Stryker should get first..lol :)