Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer swimming

Our life the past week and a half has revolved around potty training (which is going quite well, I think) and swimming (and probably a little bit of both at the same time). We have spent a lot of time at the Williamsfield Highschool pool...too bad we don't have one of our own :( We are in our 3rd summer of swim lessons through Gilbert Parks and Rec....which I am a bit bored with so next session we are just going to "open swim" every afternoon. We did that today and although it was chilly and breezy, the pool was not crowded and awesome....Ella loved it.

Posing for the camera...something she is finally willing to do again.
Showing Mimi (my mom) our skills....

Ella and her best bud, Lauren, love swimming together

They take care of each other :) And won't walk in the parking lot any other way
(Jenn and I both have some strong-minded chicas) They are the two that don't want to follow directions in the pool and want to do it their own way...how did two teachers' kids become this so defiant???

Seems to be the favorite pose :)

This is as good as it gets for a pool in our yard...the froggy pool that she would spend all day in if I let her....I need a fun book to read while I watch.

Our final cheesy pose and grin...for this post atleast.

3 comments:

Scott and Melissa said...

I just go My Sisters Keeper because I saw the trailer for the movie and had to read the book first. Also The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks is good... Have you read the Twilight series??

Nicole said...

I have read My Sister's Keeper and The Wedding...both great books...haven't done Twilight yet and not sure I want to but I guess I could give them a try. Thanks!

Megan said...

Ella is so cute and she is getting so big! I love spending my summer in the pool...no other way to do it. :)