Monday, November 30, 2009

Jonah Monroe Mantle

Jonah Monroe Mantle was born on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 1:13pm, weighing in at 7lbs. 12oz. and measuring 20 inches long. Although the c-section was quick and easy, the recovery is not so much. I feel pretty good but have a lot of swelling and bruising and for some weird reason, high blood pressure so I am going into the drs office tomorrow to see whats up. Jonah is an amazing baby and Ella is loving being a big sister - she is very helpful and wants to do a lot for us. I have been trying to rest but it is hard...Ella went to the sitter today and Travis, Jonah and I laid on the couch and watched a movie....much needed. Here are a ton of pics from the last 6 days...

Getting ready to go...


Travis was very calm the whole time...

Fresh out of the womb...

all wrapped up


My first look at him...



cutting the cord

7lbs. 12 oz.


Dr. Kudlinski....about 10 minutes after the delivery


Ally and Jonah


precious


the getting ready to leave


happy family





Ella LOVES him and is so curious about him...


Brother and Sister

5 comments:

Murphys said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! Since I don't have face book I have been checking in often to look for pics. I was so excited tonight to see all of them. Handsome boy and I was surprised by the dark hair. Would love to come see all of you. My 2 munchkins have head colds so I will keep you posted. Take care of yourself and don't push too hard through this recovery. :)
Hugs!
Kirstin and boys

Summer said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations!

Starring Brooklyn and Alexis said...

OHHHH!! I can't wait to meet him! We've been talking about when we can get over there and meet Jonah, but unfortunately I have been sick with a darn cold since Friday and don't want to bring my germies over to you guys. Brett works late all this week and I have to work over the weekend so it probably won't even be til next week sometime. I feel horrible that we haven't come by yet, but I'll be mad if Brett gets to meet Jonah before me :)! He's soo darn handsome! Hope our lil girl matches his good looks so they make a good looking couple!! hehe. More pics please! Congrats again! we'll be in touch and see what works best with you about coming by...sorry again it's taken soooooo long!!!!!!!!

Brooke said...

congratulations! he is beautiful! makes me want to have another one! i hope you are able to get some well deserved rest! congrats!!

Heather said...

Oh he's so sweet Nicole! Enjoy him. And here's to a quick recovery. :) Welcome to the world Jonah!